Friday, February 14, 2014

Helllllllo there.
I am in a slightly better mood today, so I don't need to revert to posting pins. 

But here are some anyways! 
Just kidding. 

I don't have anything exciting report. 
It snowed, so country night (that I was going to go to) was cancelled. 
Tomorrow is Valentine's day. 

I am very excited about Lolo Jones and the whole US bobsled team.
People have varying opinions, but I'm a huge fan. 
She's like King Al (aka Dr. King)
If we lived closer and were a few years closer, we'd probably be best friends. 
She's incredibly determined, intelligent, funny, real and sticks to her values. She's overcome adversity about 80x and is still positive. And makes good life choices (aka isn't snorting up coke in her basement). 
She certainly has her critics (on both sides of the faith spectrum), but I am not one of them.

Learning more about Elana Meyers and Jazmine Fenlator (the only two I've had time for) has increased my regard for the whole team. 
I want them all to medal!!
It makes such a difference to me to have an athlete/team whose players I respect. Some people don't care as long as the athletes win.
That is not how I roll.
Anyhow, I'll actually be watching bobsled this year! 

The Olympics always remind me/us that no matter how unattainable a dream seems to others, or no matter how many times you fail, if you know your inner talent, you should trust it and persevere. Keep working hard.

That's about it. It's V-day now (that I'm actually getting around to posting this). I'm taking the day off of studying. It's time to get up from the computer or from the video camera and to live a little.
I am not acting. I'm just recording my summaries of topics to a) help me learn, b) help me review and c) maybe help the little minions who come after me.

Prayers and good thoughts for me to remain calm and focused during my test next week are welcome. And, um, clarity about my next steps. 

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive